The A Greater Cause Foundation is a public charity recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code established by Kappa Sigma Fraternity to support the charitable endeavors of the undergraduate chapters of the Fraternity. The principal program of the A Greater Cause Foundation is Kappa Sigma’s Military Heroes Campaign.
Created in 2007, the Military Heroes Campaign honors and aids thousands of military veterans and their families in communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Since its inception, the campaign has donated over $1,000,000 to non-profit organizations who advocate on behalf of servicemen and women and those wounded in combat.
“It is not only an honor, but a sense of duty to give back to the brave men and women who protect the freedoms of our great country.” – Derek L. Marchman, Worthy Grand Master
To donate to the Military Heroes Campaign, please click ‘Donate’ below or contact us if you need assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Military Heroes Campaign?
- The MHC is Kappa Sigma’s International philanthropy and was designed to honor and aid thousands of wounded military veterans and their families. The Military Heroes Campaign provides charitable donations to organizations such as the Fisher House and other entities.
Is the Military Heroes Campaign solely to give money to the Fisher House Foundation?
- No, the Fisher House Foundation has been one of the foundations to receive funds in past years, among other organization. The fraternity is looking into other organizations to help give funds towards.
Who should we say the money is being raised for?
- Money for any event is being raised for the Kappa Sigma Military Heroes Campaign, not Fisher House Foundation, etc.
Who are checks written to?
- Kappa Sigma Military Heroes Campaign
Are contributions tax deductible?
- Yes, checks written to the Military Heroes Campaign are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
How do I submit contributions to get credit for the money raised?